Friday, November 2, 2007

Fun Run (or walk) Your Heart Out!


Last weekend Tim & I participated in The Texas Heart Institute Great Pumpkin Fun Run. We had been wanting to do it for the past few years, but we were either out of town or had something planned that day. This year we decided we just HAD to do it! The Texas Heart Institute is where I will be having my heart surgery in a few weeks so I was pumped to support them!



Just as we hold Race for the Cure close to our hearts for my Mom, we hold anything dealing with hearts close to us for Tim's Dad. Brian passed away from a heart attack about 4 years ago. I met Tim about 4 months after that so I never had the honor of meeting him, but I feel like I know him through all the stories Tim & his family have told me. From what I have gathered he was a caring, funny, honorable, loving, Christian man & then some. I can definitely tell that Tim is his son. I am so sad I never got to meet him, but I'm sure my Mom & Brian are chatting it up in Heaven…probably laughing at all the silly things Tim & I do!



So Saturday morning we woke up very early & walked (not ran) our hearts out in memory of Brian and in honor of me! Next year I plan to run…or at least jog since my brand new heart valve will be 1 year old…almost!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

My eyes are stinging! Y'all are such a neat couple. I'm so glad you got to do the fun run/walk. I'm praying for you, girl!

Kelly said...

I'm so sad that you and Tim have both lost a parent. But I think it's kind of neat that you can both understand how that must feel and that must bond you pretty tightly.

Janelle and Ella said...

That is awesome that y'all got to do the walk. I didn't know that about Tim's dad. My eyes are watering!! We are praying for you.

annalee said...

i'm so glad y'all were a part of the great pumpkin fun run. that is such a sweet tribute to tim's dad that you wrote and what a great way to honor him.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you and your upcoming surgery. Neat story...I have a friend who blogs and reads my blog. She started asking me about you the other day (b/c she once read your blog through mine) and wondered how you were doingn (she thought I personally knew you). She said that she knew you were having surgery soon and said that she had been thinking about you and praying for you...pretty neat, huh. You never know who is out there saying a prayer for you.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I think you should wear your shirts to your pre-op stuff just to woo Dr. Franklin.

Love the pictures! And your fake walking poses.

I got a little teary-eyed thinking of your brand-new valve by next year! What a relief that will be to have a fresh one! Yay!

love you

Sarah Beth said...

I love your little heart! I love Tim's little heart too!! I pretty much love both of you!!!

Shannon said...

What a positive way to honor the loved ones in your life. I know they're proud of you. I'm praying for you guys as the surgery approaches.

elizabeth said...

Still praying for you! Your sweet post made me tear up. As if I didn't already look tired on a Monday morning, now I have red eyes. :)

Natalie said...

what a great race to do! Can you please remind me of the date of your surgery??