Friday, September 28, 2007

Mamma Mia!

So I admit it...I have been in love with ABBA since Sunni's show choir sang Take a Chance on Me...circa 1993 maybe?!? If I remember correctly - they sang it a cappella & I thought they were SUPER cool - especially my sister!

It should be no surprise that when I heard Mamma Mia! was coming to Houston for a special week performance, I would buy 2 tickets! Going to the theatre is always a treat!



Originally, Tim & I were going to see the show, but my silly husband forgot he had his work dove hunt on Wednesday night. I had to call on my girlfriend, Amanda! I knew she would be in for the fun because she also loves musicals & on our 2005 Cruise Girls trip we sang Dancing Queen at karaoke night!



It was such a fun show...we absolutely loved it. I kind of wanted to get up & start dancing in my chair, but so Amanda wouldn't be embarrassed - I controlled myself! I would have loved to have gone with Tim, but honestly, I think this is definitely a girlfriend kind of show...so cheesy & corny & fabulous all at the same time. Something girls can appreciate!



So next time you see Mamma Mia! playing at a theatre near you...grab some girlfriends & have some fun...maybe even get up & dance in your chair!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

How fun - I would love to see Mamma Mia! I do love me some Abba!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

If you change your mind, I'm the first in line.

Take a chance on me. Take a chance on me.

annalee said...

i'm so excited you got to see it! we went twice in london because i just couldn't get enough of it. for some reason i really love "does your momma know" where the young guys are dancing. it might be my favorite number. for awhile there i was obsessed with the idea of leaving our wedding to an abba song. finally i gave up, but abba and mamma mia are very close to my heart still!

the thorntons said...

I remember the Confederate Singers (newly renamed "Red Rhythm & Blues for PC reasons) singing Take A Chance. They WERE cool! So glad you had fun...I love that show too!