Monday, September 10, 2007

Hot TEXAS Weekend


Dear Mack Brown,

Where to begin? I went to Baylor, but I have become a Longhorn fan by marriage. I must admit y'all had me at 'Vince Young' in 2005, but every year I grow to love you more & more. I still haven't allowed myself to to do the horns, but you understand since I am a Baylor Girl through & through...my hand has been trained to form the perfect bear claw! I just thought I would thank you for a few things...


Thank you for making so many Houston Longhorn fans so that the city felt they needed to open a University Co-op store. This allowed me & my husband to buy some new polos for the game & some burnt orange/white Christmas lights on Friday. You know, the essentials!




Thank you for letting the UT vs. TCU game be in Austin so I could enjoy a yummy lunch at Maudie's. Although, I did get a little hot since I had to eat outside, but I realize there is nothing you could do about that.

Thank you for allowing 5 million people to tailgate in the heat before the game. We had lots of fun catching up with friends & the sweat was really great for the look I was trying to achieve!



Thank you for allowing Bevo to attend each game at the Darrel K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium. This gives me some entertainment while my husband gets really into the game...not that I'm not into it, but sometimes I just need to look at a cute animal. I couldn't quite find Bevo on Saturday & Tim wasn't that into helping me locate his whereabouts, but I know he was there! I love to compare Bevo to my dog, Stewart. Tim thinks they look nothing alike...maybe one day you can give me your opinion?



Thank you for making the fans so crazy about TEXAS. I wouldn't know what to do without the loud crazy/funny guy that sits a couple rows in front of us every year. If I can't find Bevo, you better believe I am listening to what he has to say!



Thank you for the jumbotron that sits near my seat. I hear this is the largest high-definition video display in collegiate sports. I love to watch the game on the screen since half the time I can't see where the ball went on the field. There is no doubt I will see it on the jumbotron!



Above all, I thank you for all the Big 12 flags you have. I felt at home when I saw the Baylor Bear flag pass by my seat! Just in case you didn't know...my Bears won on Saturday - Baylor 42, Rice 17! Guess you better get the boys prepared for October 20th because you never know what could happen at Floyd Casey Stadium!


Thanks for a fun Longhorn Saturday! Oh one last thing, do you think next game I could be moved to a suite - I got pretty hot in the stands?

TEXAS FIGHT,

Tiffani Young/Charles/Sweed/Ogbonnaya

12 comments:

J. said...

Tiff a.k.a The Trooper!

Can you imagine how funny it would be if Jason dragged me to a sports game that he loved or vice versa. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Luckily we've got you as a shining example and for that we're grateful.

Jacob

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Sick, but entertaining.

That's right, Mack. You really never know what the Baylor Bears might pull at Floyd Casey.

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Go Bears! I love the post, Tiffani. I had a fun weekend this past weekend with my Baylor roommates. I can say now that I am a Razorback fan, but I still cheer for those Bears. :)

Anonymous said...

Starting next year Arkansas will be playing Texas every year!!! Should be FUN! (as long as we win!!!)

Sarah Beth said...

WOW! I would have liked to see some more pictures of your hair slicked to your head!! I too believe there is such thing as a "perfectly positioned knee to air bear paw"! Looks like the horns better watch it when they go hunting in bear country!!!

Julie said...

TEXAS LONGHORNS!!!!!!

Can we get a side by side pic of Stew and Bevo so we can all input our own opinions?

Kelly said...

The hottest and most sunburnt I've ever been in my life is in 2003 when the HOGS played at TX in early September and the game started at 11 and the visiting section was in the sun. I never thought to wear sunscreen and I had on a tank top.
YES - I was completely fried. But it was all worth it because we beat the pants off the longhorns! ha!
And I'll be in Austin next year when we play TX again! Can't wait!

annalee said...

your creative writing never ceases to amaze me. i hope you print out that letter, put a stamp on it, and mail it directly to mack brown himself. i would love to see his answers!
we'd love to see y'all at the next game. you guys look too cool for school in your new polos. i've got to see it in person!

the thorntons said...

I'm jealous you were there in person...despite the sweat and all. We were proudly cheering on the Longhorns from our barstools at Buffalo Wild Wings. It was full of lots of loud people in burnt orange and very little purple!

Nat Pat said...

i'm glad that you can appreciate another Big 12 team but still those Bears are #1 in your heart. I've had to do the same with the Aggies. Although the UT traditions aren't nearly as weird as the A&M ones.

ThePoeFam said...

hillarious post...I admire your love for football! My husband wishes I loved it 1/2 as much as you do! I'm trying...kindof! :)

Kyle said...

I wasn't aware that Mack Brown was responsible for all that. Impressive.