Monday, August 6, 2007

Spotlight is on ME!

My sister, Sunni, tagged me...enjoy!

The Rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


8 Random facts about me:

1. I LOVE to travel. If I could be a professional traveler - I would. My favorite vacation is a beach vacation - I absolutely LOVE the ocean/sand. I am jealous of everyone going on a vacation, even if I just got back from one. Both of my sisters are going on beach vacations this week & I will spend the entire week dreaming of what they are doing & what they are eating! You might catch a single tear rolling down my cheek as I board the plane to go back home from a vacation - I repeat, I love vacations!


Cancun Marriott Casa Magna - Family Favorite


2. My mom used to tell us the best stories before bed. She wrote them down in a spiral & always wanted to get one of them published. My dream is to publish all of them in her memory. They would be a hit!

3. I have a secret crush on Vince Young, but so does Tim so everything is cool!

4. I love invitations...party invitations, shower invitations, etc. I love thinking of the poem for the invitation & I love printing the invitations. I wish I could open up my own invitation store.


5. When I was little I wanted to be a nail technician. I used to give my sisters manicures and pedicures. Not to brag, but I was really good! People used to ask me if I got my nails done & I would respond, "No, I just did them myself!" Then I would give myself a huge pat on the back. Although, now that I am older I prefer to go see the ladies at Paradise Nails!

6. The thought of Christmas Eve/Christmas Day in Abilene brings joy to my heart & a smile to my face! I LOVE every single tradition our family has created over the years. Everything about the holiday is so cozy & wonderful...the decorations, the cookies, the snacks, the movies, the smell, the angels & the pjs...everything! Before Christmas we draw for Secret Santa with my Aunt Kathy, Norma & Auntie Lizzy. I am always in charge of creating the slip of paper for the drawing - it is one of the many highlights of my year!


My Dad always gets us matching pajamas!

7. I love baking cookies...any dessert really, but cookies are my favorite! I loved baking cookies with my mom & sisters when I was little. It is very therapeutic for me - all the measuring & mixing & making people happy when they get to eat a hot cookie off the cookie sheet. Several years ago I wanted to go to culinary school to become a pastry chef, but then I realized it wasn't free!

8. I have major OCD when it comes to locked doors. I check and make sure our doors are locked at least 2 or 3 times before I can go to bed. Yes, I know - stop with the insanity! Tim doesn't try to stop me & one time he went to check the doors for me! Like I said - he is the BEST!

The Spotlight is now on YOU...Sarah Beth, Andrea, Melissa, Natalie, Sarah, Brittney, Christie & Caroline. The last 2 are in hope that they will start a blog...if not, they can email me their list!

1 comment:

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to do matching pajamas for our family...but where do you buy them? I have never been able to find matching kid sizes and adult sizes. Is it catalog order or internet, you think? Seriously, I am dying to know!