Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy 1 Year to You!

It is official...Tim & I have been engaged for 1 year! Ok, ok so we got married during that year, but I love count downs & I love to remind Tim that today is our 1 year engagement anniversary. Anytime I mentioned it during these past weeks he would politely tell me that we are married so we actually haven't been engaged for 1 year & now we use our wedding date as the new count down. Hmm...I don't buy that! I will always remind Tim that this is the day we got engaged & when the day comes that we have been engaged for 50 years then I will still make him take me out to dinner!


I remember it like it was yesterday...


The night before, Tim made this bet that he would have the ring the next day & I was like yeah right...so then he started making these silly bets like 'If I have the ring tomorrow then you have to watch any football game I want to watch'...etc, etc. I agreed to ALL his bets because I knew he didn't have the ring. BUT, he kept going & going so I thought maybe something was up & I got kind of excited.


The next day was my last full day at PwC & I thought I would get off early, but I had to clean out my desk & finish up some returns so it was taking me longer than normal. I was trying to hurry because Tim & I had planned on doing something special to celebrate my last day at PwC (I wasn't sure if this was a decoy for celebrating after he proposed, but I didn't want to get my hopes up.) Anyway, Tim kept calling me & asking when I was going to leave - I was getting so annoyed because I was like if you stop calling then I can finish up here. So then he told me to call him when I got in my car. Gosh, very needy today!


I called him & he asked me what I wanted to do tonight. I was like aren't we going out to dinner to celebrate my last days at work. He replied with, 'I wanted to go workout & then we could just have those Smart Ones meals in the freezer.' My heart sunk...he is NEVER going to propose. I was really frustrated so I told him I would just see him when I got to his house. I was getting so upset...why can't he save enough money to buy the ring...he just bought UT football season tickets...he really should have set that money aside for my ring. I was having a BRATastic moment...oops!


As I got out of my car & walked up to his door there were 3 rose petals outside. I thought...hmm, someone dropped their trash. Then I thought about it & was like wait those are rose petals & if there are more rose petals when I open the door then I know my life is about to change. Sure enough I saw more...



When I walked in 'our song' was playing (we really don't have one, but we kind of made one up). Tim was standing there with 3 roses & I was shaking & tearing up. I walked over to him & he handed me...




One yellow rose for our friendship.
One white rose for God - the foundation of our relationship.
One red rose for our love.


He said lots of romantic stuff, but I can only remember the key words since I was in a dream world! Then he got down on one knee & asked me to be his wife! I said YES!


We celebrated with some champagne as we called our family & friends...then we had a romantic dinner at Rainbow Lodge. It was a night I will never forget & I will cherish forever!




I love you Tim...& Happy 1 Year Engagement Anniversary!

4 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

This is a very sweet story! Happy One Year Engagement Anniversary!

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love seeing all the pictures again!

Kim and Eric said...

Tiffany, How are you? I found your blog from Sunni's. I loved the engagement story. I do the same thing...like remembering dates of our engagement and first dates and stuff. Hope that things are going well. Happy Engagement Anniversary! Kim

annalee said...

i love all the details of your story, happy 1 year of engagement! don't ever stop celebrating these things, love it!