Monday, August 27, 2007

Let THE SEASON begin...

Saturday, August 18th - Afternoon

Tim: Guess what?
Tiffani: What?
Tim: Only 2 more weeks until football season begins! (fist pumped in air)
Tiffani: Sigh & roll eyes...great!



My first UT/OU weekend with Tim - 2005.


Monday, August 20th - 12:31 pm

After we decide we are going to Dallas for my sister's birthday I receive an email entitled...'FFL Draft - Very Important' and I quote...

Hey babe,

My FFL draft is at 5pm on Sunday. It is critical that I have at least 1 hour to get ready for the draft. That means we need to leave Dallas before noon on Sunday.

Thank you for your consideration.

Your loving husband.


Thursday, August 23rd - getting ready for work

Tim: Guess what 1 week from today is?
Tiffani: (excited) We get to pack for our Labor Day trip!!
Tim: Yes, but it is ALSO the beginning of FOOTBALL SEASON! (said in football announcer voice)
Tiffani: There are games on Thursday?
Tim: YES!!!! (insert Longhorn hand signal)



Sunday, August 26th - FFL Draft Day

Tim is HYPER & GIDDY all day!

2:00pm - Back in Houston

2:30pm - Went to Lowe's to buy a ladder so I could continue painting our living room while my husband acts as a professional drafter starting at 5pm sharp!

3:00pm - Stop at CVS for some medicine & milk.

Tim: I should really get home soon so I can get prepared.
Tiffani: BIG eye roll...I thought you only need 1 hour for prep.
Tim: Yes, but I would really like some extra time.

3:30pm - I'm painting...Tim is prepping!

4:30pm - Tim comes downstairs & compliments me on my straight lines (I've always been really good with a paint brush.)

Tim: (giddy) Ok, wish me luck!
Tiffani: Woo hoo...go get em!

5:00 - 7:45pm - FFL Draft is in session.

7:50pm - Tim updates me on his draft.

Tiffani: So how did it go?
Tim: (excited, yet concerned) I think it went well, but I'm a little unsure about it.
Tiffani: You said that last year & then you won.
Tim: But, I really mean it this year.
Tiffani: Another eye roll...I'm sure you did a great job! Did you draft Vince Young?
Tim: No.
Tiffani: Drats!
Tim: Oh baby don't you worry, this year your favorite player is going to be Laurence 'Gravy Train' Maroney from the New England Patriots! (said in high pitched, excited voice)
Tiffani: (Note to self...look up the colors for the Patriots...better get some gear if I have to watch all their games!)

11:15pm - In bed watching Sports News with Randy McIlvoy

He just finished interviewing Mack Brown about the UT Football Season.

Randy: You can see the Longhorns take on Arkansas State this Saturday.

I look over at Tim & like a kid in a candy store, he has a huge grin on his face. His favorite season is about to begin!

8 comments:

Allyson said...

I feel your pain...Matt is the same way. Pretty soon Saturday, Sunday and Monday evenings will be consumed with football...oh boy...I can't wait...

annalee said...

SO FUNNY! i mean, serious:)
will y'all be here for the sept. 8th game?! we would love to see you!

annalee said...

ps- you have always been good with a paintbrush, i remember some nice ahs cheerleader signs in the hallway made by none other than your steady paintbrush hand!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Is Tim going to be able to hang out at the pool in Horseshoe Bay with all this football going on?

elizabeth said...

I'm your hookup for Patriots gear! One jersey and foam finger on it's way (twerp size of course). :)

Kelly said...

I am the EXACT same as your husband (only about the AR razorbacks). I get way more excited than my husband - he likes the NFL more. But he is consumed with fantasy football.

Natalie said...

I'm confused by all the pro football/fantasy football talk and I'm married to a football coach! Tell Tim that Keri and Mac Brown are old buddies-he has been trying to hang up a picture of him and Mac in our house for 3 years now!

Anonymous said...

I felt like I was reading a scene from my own life!! We were out of town about a month ago and had to rush home so he could do his "fantasy football draft". Except my husband created his own SEC college fantasy football league with 9 other guys...but at least now he cannot say anything about my blogging!!!