Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Little Late...Happy Easter

He is Risen...He is Risen Indeed!

These simple words get me every time - simple but POWERFUL. As I spoke them this Sunday, I got chills just thinking of how God sent His only Son to die for us, for you, for me...WOW! We can't even imagine how much He loves us, but He does & always will!

After a wonderful celebration at church we headed home for an Easter at our house. Tim & I hosted his Mom for a fun Easter weekend. This was my first holiday to be the official chef & hostess. It was so much fun to plan!


Our Official Easter Pictures
(Please Excuse the Pale Easter Girl)



Tim & His Mom

Me & Alix & Megan (the dog)

Tim & The Easter Pups


I made Kelly's Korner Chicken...delicious!



Perini's Ranch Salad...aka Homemade Ranch Dressing


To wrap it up we had coffee & Tim's favorite...Chocolate Eclair Cake


Notice how fancy Tim is...I decided to break out our china for this Easter Celebration. It was our first time to use it for a full meal & I decided that my goal is to use my china as much as possible from now on! I LOVE my china pattern...in fact, I might be obsessed with it. It is the Vera Wang: Vera Lace Pattern.



Last but not least, here is my kit to dye Easter Eggs...as you can see, that did not happen!

13 comments:

annalee said...

i love the "He is risen indeed" reminder too. POWERFUL!
and may i say your meal looks delish, your table looks photo worthy, and your easter outfit is perfect.

Natalie said...

I love your Easter ensemble! And I think pale is the new tan? Anyone with me?? I'm glad you liked that meal-it's on my list for this month!

Kelli said...

How fun that you hosted your first meal and used your china for the first time! I ALSO did the same thing and it was so fun!! Glad you had a blessed Easter.

Hillary said...

I'm so glad to know you used your wedding china! I'm registering this weekend and I'm so excited about the chine b/c I really think I will use it from time to time. I almost picked the same pattern as you! I went back and forth between it and the Vera Wang Grosgrain. Ha! Not that my china patter matters but I guess since I'm submerged in that right now when I saw yours I got a little excited! Pathetic, I know!

Janelle and Ella said...

I LOVE your china!! I can totally see why you are obsessed with it. I might be a little too now.

molly said...

You are such the hostess!with the mostest! Your china is pretty it would make any meal special. Thanks for the recipe and the new blog site to cruise. I am always in need of something new to cook for the crew!

Kelly said...

Your Easter dress is so cute!!!!! I'm glad you made my chicken! :-) My in-laws are coming next weekend and I was trying to think of something healthy I could make and I didn't even think about my chicken!
I love your china! I didn't get china when I got married and now I'm kind of sad about it. It would be fun to use on special occasions!

Sara S. said...

Great message. The Easter pups are precious! Pale IS the new tan! That is awful that you can't view blogger at work! I would be fired if my company knew how much I lurked on that website!

sara lindsey said...

you've always been an incredible hostess so i'm not at all surprised by this fabulous Easter!

Anonymous said...

After I read your post about the Shopaholic series...I've not been able to put them down!! I'm on my third one...LOVE IT!!!

Hillary said...

When I came over to your blog for the first time from Kelly's blog I told her you looked so familiar. She told me you went to Baylor and so I asked Katie about it. She confirmed that you were our age and that I had probably seen you! My roommate my sophomore year at BU (before I transferred) was a tri-delt. Small world!
Thanks for all the advice! I'm still so torn on everything. I was looking at grosgrain this afternoon and still not sure if I want to get it! I'm making this way to difficult!

Allyson said...

Love the china! I was so happy when I got to use mine for the first time on Easter too!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

My favorite part of your Easter is how there are dog leashes in all the "formal" pictures!