Monday, March 24, 2008

Circa: A Little Over 1 Week Ago

1. Ava's 2nd Birthday




2. Enjoyed myself more than I should have at McDonald's. At least I had 2 partners in crime, Emili & Sarah Beth.



And GONE!


3. Got to see Sarah Beth & Joe. I hadn't seen Joe in 1 year. Somehow I didn't manage to take a picture with Joe so here is the one from a year ago. This is at a St. Patrick's Day wedding shower that Tim's friends threw for us. SB & Joe were so sweet to come in town for it, but that my friends, is the last time I saw Joe until last weekend. (Excuse my look...not sure what I was doing with my hair that day!)







If you have been keeping up with Sarah Beth's blog you know that Joe just got back from serving our country in Afghanistan with the Air Force. AND, if you are from Abilene you know that the B-1 Bombers are the coolest...Joe flies one so that must make him EXTRA cool. He is a very brave, smart & honorable man. I am very proud of him & thank him for all he has done for our country & me. He is always so sweet & takes care of my BFF just as I hope she would be treated. She deserves the best & Joe is just the man for the job.




Anyway, Joe gave Tim & I a little something from Afghanistan. It is a flag that he flew over Afghanistan in our honor. We absolutely love it & feel so honored to hang it in our house. It is currently on our travel wall at the top of our stairs. Every time I go upstairs I feel so patriotic & just want to salute it! Thanks Joe!

12 comments:

Bicky said...

wow, what an awesome gift that joe gave you. that's amazing, tiffani.

PS - McDonald's french fries are the best!

annalee said...

that is so neat (the flag) and what a sweet tribute to joe! and those fries look so dang good i am tempted to load up a sleeping baby in her carseat to go get some right now!

elizabeth said...

I love the before and after of the fries. I know you girls stepped up to the plate!

And that flag is amazing!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

It's about time you posted.

Love the recap, and wish I could go back to Ava's birthday b/c it was such a fry free day.

Sara S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara S. said...

Little Ava is so cute! I am suddenly craving fries and an Iced Coffee! B1's are super cool, and that is an incredible gift!

BTW, I love your hair in that pic with Joe!

Sarah Beth said...

WHAT A PRECIOUS BLOG! Joe is flying right now or I would get him to post a comment. What a great tribute to one of our favorite heros. You are my BFF forever!
We have been talking a lot about a trip all together...camping??
Also, I like the top angle Tim got of the fries. I just felt my mouth salivating and longing for the BBQ wing sauce.
I can't wait to see the flag hanging at the top of your travel wall. What an honor to have it hanging in yalls home!

molly said...

I always knew Sarahs Prince would come- just didn't know he would fly in on a B-1 Bomber!They are a special couple!This is one proud Aunt!

Cindy said...

Love the post. What a sweet tribute to your friend and McDonald's is so much fun for a party. Luke's 2nd birthday was there also. We would love to see you next time you are in town. Maybe you can catch a soccer or t-ball game. It would mean the world to Luke.

sara lindsey said...

oh my gosh! the flag is too much for my hallmark heart--what a sweet, daily reminder of joe & sb that will be! (somehow sarah beth singing "american woman" in a french accent, pierre's i believe, just popped in my head!)

props on the eating. glad to see emili's still alive--where's her blog? i know she's off-task but i don't see her but like once/5 years. see what you can do...

Sarah Beth said...

Tiff and Tim-
Thanks for the nice words about me and my iron steed of the skies. I am thrilled you both like the shadow box. It looks real nice on that wall. I am looking forward to our camping trip. I have a 5-man tent I will fix up for Sarah and her hair.
Bombs on Target on Time!
Leche

Janelle said...

I found your blog randomly, but I am going to school in Abilene. I am laughing to myself, because everytime my parents come visit me..we go to Perrini! You can't get any better than that! :)