Sunday, February 3, 2008

Just a Few Things...

1. Work - Last week was a crazy week of work. First of all, going back to work after 2 months is not an easy task, but to make it worse January is our busiest month. So while I was watching Ellen & Oprah all my little friends at work were working SUPER hard. You can imagine they were excited to have me back before the January 31st deadline. They were very supportive & made sure I didn't over work myself, but I did have stuff waiting for me. All this to say...I couldn't ease my way back into work.

2. 4:30 a.m. - That is the time we all left work on Thursday night/morning. That is also the time some people wake up to get ready for the day. Tim, Stewart & Lucy all greeted me when I fell into bed.

3. Groundhog Day - I love this day because it is such a silly holiday & it is my oldest friend's birthday. Since Amanda was the birthday girl her wishes were our command.

We started the night out at Lupe Tortilla...


followed by some entertainment at Laff Stop...

Christian Finnigan was performing & he was hilarious. Also, Kyle admitted to us that he thought about doing Open Mic night. He even shared a few of his ideas. I 100% support him.

Don't worry a birthday is not a birthday without dessert! Cupcakes from Sugarbaby's...YUM!


4. Super Bowl - I decided that I was going to support the NY Giants because I love Peyton Manning & wanted to show his brother some love. Tim & I made some black bean dip, turkey sausage & turkey burgers to celebrate the LAST football game of the season. Amanda & Kyle joined us for a good time & several high fives when Eli took the win!

That was supposed to be my New York sign. First of all, I did it backwards. Second of all, I did an M instead of an N. It's the spirit that counts! Of course, Tim is always putting his horns up even when they aren't playing!



These were their best Super Bowl moves...hmmm!


5. Biggest Loser - Since I worked late on Tuesday, I didn't get to watch The Biggest Loser until this weekend. I cried several times. Can I just say that I love Bob, but he really upset me when he didn't pick Bernie & Brittany. They were with him from the beginning & they are my favorite team. So now I love Jillian & I am giving Bob the silent treatment for awhile. Go Black Team!!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I just can't stop loving Bob. :-)

annalee said...

ah, what a week! i can't believe you had to stay up so stinkin' late for work. you are one hard worker. and i'm glad you guys celebrated amanda in style for a fun weekend!

elizabeth said...

I was (quietly) cheering for Eli too! I've heard too much about Lupe Tortilla...can you find a way to ship some up here??

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I was really sad for the original blue team too. Bob, I didn't expect that. You are usually so kind, my love.

Also, black bean dip. Mmmmm.

And Lupe's. Mmmmm.

How come I've never had Sugarbaby's?

Nat Pat said...

i too cheered for the giants cause i also love peyton and figured by cheering on eli i would be cheering on peyton too!

the thorntons said...

So glad you made it through your first week back at work, but what a time of year to have to go back! Ugh. I'm tired FOR you!

Anonymous said...

SO glad your feeling good enough to be back at work! However...tell them NO MORE late nights!!!

laurie d. moreland said...

hey tiffani! this will likely seem VERY random, but this is laurie (dromgoole) moreland. i swear i am not a "blog-stocker" as kids these days say, but i ran into your blog via annalee's via some folks from acu.

on any account, it appears you guys are here in houston... so are we! we being me and michael moreland-- don't know if you remember him from good ol' ahs, or if we married.

regardless, i'd love to connect. hope that doesn't seem to strange after all these years.

lauriedmoreland@gmail.com

hope to hear from you soon.