Sunday, February 17, 2008

What Just Happened?

Let me tell you a little story about my Friday off...


The dogs had a grooming appointment at 8am. I figured I would be a good little exercise girl & go to the YMCA after I dropped them off. Ooooo...I see my NEW pink Jon Hart tote with MY initials on it that Tim gave me for my birthday...I'm gonna carry that to the gym!


Wallet - check
Cocktails for Three - check
(just in case I want to stop at Starbucks and read)
Cell phone - check
iPod - check
YMCA towel that Tim accidentally brought home - check


Good workout. Talk to Sunni. Watch a little bit of a show I taped. The dogs are ready. Pick them up & they look SO CUTE.



(She used to have 2 bows)

Shower. Decide that the Jon Hart tote is perfect to carry as my purse for the day. Take out iPod. Off to luch with Tim. We eat at Which Wich...loved it. Drop Tim off at his office.


It is about 1:15 & I have to get Lucy to the vet at 2 for some shots. I'm low on gas. I stop & fuel up. Traffic, lots & lots of traffic. I took the worst route home. It is about 1:50 & I know I am going to be late to Lucy's appointment.


I turn my car around in front of my house so it will be ready to leave. Lock the car. Leave my precious Jon Hart tote in the car since I am grabbing Lucy as fast as I can. Open house door. Turn off alarm. Let Lucy out of her cage. Go to the restroom since I drank way too much Diet Coke at lunch. Turn on alarm. Grab Lucy & leash. Tell Stewart I am sorry, but we will be right back. Lock door. I'm proud of myself because that only took about 2-5 minutes.


I get to my car & I am about to open the door & I see glass on the street. I think hmm, someone's car must have been broken into...how terrible. I look up & my passenger window is broken. I panic. My Jon Hart tote is GONE with my wallet, cell phone & book!


I freak out & go back inside. I can't call anyone because my cell phone was in my bag. I grab Stewart too & I decide I will walk to the dry cleaners to call Tim. I am sobbing. On my way I realize we have a phone line for our alarm so I can plug in our old phone & call Tim so I go back to the house. Shoot the phone has to charge. I sob some more. I am so freaked out because it happened SO FAST. Was someone watching me?


Needless to say, I got ahold of Tim & he came home right away. We spent the rest of the day cancelling credit cards, etc. The little meanies only got to have a bit of fun at several gas stations before we shut them down. BUT, I'm really mad because they get to use the remaining balance on my Chick-fil-a & Sonic gift cards. Oh & the rest of our Dillards bridal credit! Thankfully, I was safe & everything they took could be replaced.


So if you see someone walking down the street carrying a pink Jon Hart bag with MY initials on it, pulling out MY new Coach wallet I got for Christmas, eating a Chick-fil-a sandwich, drinking a Sonic drink, Dillards bag in hand, reading Cocktails for Three & pretending to talk on a silver cell phone...please tell them what's up because this is all I've got left from my Jon Hart memories!



Moral of the Story: NEVER leave anything in your car...even if you are only going to be a moment!

18 comments:

annalee said...

that is so so sad. i'm sorry that happened and know that creepy feeling of being stolen from and wondering if you were being watched all-too-well. i'm so glad you are okay though.

Julie said...

oh man! i'm so sorry... i'm glad everything could be replaced and you weren't hurt!

Anonymous said...

I hate that that happened to you!!! When I lived in Memphis, someone hit my car...and it had to be totaled. I was then put in a rental which someone broke into and stole my purse while I was at work. After that....I never left ANYTHING in my car. I also cried histarically!

Kevin and Christie said...

That is crazy! I am so sorry that you lost your stuff AND you had to go through all the cancelling of your cards! I am glad that you are okay though.

Kelly said...

Tiffani!!! that is horrible!!! I am so sorry. That stinks so bad. I grew up in a town where we left our keys in our car at Wal-Mart and our houses unlocked. It's terrible that you can't do that at your own house.
I'm glad you are okay. Those things can be replaced. Even the cute bag! But YOU can't be.

Sarah Beth said...

I think it is the same people that broke into your Pathfinder at Baylor and stole your CD's. I am so mad! I can't believe it! The worse part is that the thief probably doesn't even know what a Jon Hart bag is anyways!!!

the thorntons said...

BUMMER!! I hate the feeling of being violated! What jerks. So glad you're okay!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Just terrible. I'll always look for your Jon Hart bag when I'm in Houston. If I see someone carrying your bag, just everyone hold on!

elizabeth said...

I can't believe some punk was that gutsy to steal right in front of your house! I'm sorry that happened, but glad you're OK!

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh Tiffani! This is such a sad story!! That is HORRIBLE! Those awful people! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I would have been sobbing also.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh that's terrible...the nerve of some people!

Natalie said...

Oh, that's so sad! I'm glad you that they didn't take you or Stewart or Lucy!

Shannon said...

PUNKS! This aggression will not stand.

Amanda said...

That was so painful to read. I'm so sorry that happened. Awful!

Kelli said...

Ugh that is just awful! I can't even imagine how you must have felt. I will keep my eyes open on the streets of Houston for a Jon Hart tote. So glad you are safe though!

lanissa said...

Tiffani, that just sucks!! I totally know the feeling. I found the best way to cope was to get a new purse, a new wallet, and a new cell phone. It made me feel much better!

sara lindsey said...

SCARY! (and sad)
ps--i've joine the bandwagon:
http://seriously-sara.blogspot.com/

love you!

Melanie said...

I just came across your blog this weekend and I have been reading up on ya! ;o) Love your blog!
This is so horrible, I totally know how you must of felt that day. This happened to me a few months after we moved to the Jackson, MS area and I felt so vandalized!!! Luckily, my cell phone was in my cup holder of my car and they didn't see it so I called the police instantly and then called my husband and dad crying histarically!!!!! The crazy thing is I saw it all happen from a distance and tried to get the tag but it was a stolen vehicle so when the cops found the vehicle it was trashed out and the people got away...I hate that for you but I've learned that lesson the hard way too, NEVER leave anything in your car!!!!!