Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back to Work, Back to Reality

As I type, tears are forming in my eyes. Tomorrow is officially my first day back at work. Granted, I would have much rather been at work for the past two months instead of having a valve replaced in my heart...BUT, short-term disability has been pretty sweet!

My usual day consists of waking up to give Tim a goodbye kiss, cuddling with Lucy & Stewart in bed, watching Matt Lauer do his thing, watching a movie, taking naps, reading, calling Sunni MANY times to talk about nothing, eating, calling Tim to ask if he thought he would get off early...you get my point - I usually do whatever I want. Tomorrow morning that freedom is O-V-E-R.

This didn't occur to me until I was taping Miss America on Friday afternoon. I figured since it was on TLC on Saturday night, Tim probably wouldn't want to watch it. I shrugged my shoulders & thought what does it matter I will just watch it on Monday while he is at work. To my horror, I remembered that I would not be sitting pretty on the couch...I would be at my desk in front of my computer screen...DOWNTOWN!!!

Actually, it will be fun to see all my friends & get back to real life & communicate with humans instead of two dogs. I even wore high heels to church this morning so I could practice for tomorrow.
FYI, they were not as comfortable as the socks I usually wear, but I know I will be fine as I go back to such a supportive & understanding group. They have been wonderful to me.

I'm not sure Lucy feels the same...


as she will be going back to THIS tomorrow morning!

10 comments:

annalee said...

your face in that picture is so sad! here's to a good first day back. you are doing a good job of looking on the bright side even though i know it will be a transition going back.

Natalie said...

I hope your first day back goes well!

Sarah Beth said...

Want to open up a store and only work when we want to??? I'll look into an Air Force base that is close to Houston! Take it easy tomorrow and don't do too much! Email me!

elizabeth said...

I can't imagine...it's hard enough to go in on Monday after just a weekend. I hope it's not too bad. If you're reading blogs and emailing friends it looks like you're working. Not that I would know...

Kelly said...

That would be REALLY hard to go back after a two month break. I hope your first day back goes well - I bet everyone will be so happy to have you back!
I bet the saddest one in all of this IS Lucy.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Terrible. Just terrible. Maybe Dr. Franklin could write you a note for another 2 weeks??? I guess you can't stay away forever!

But you could bring socks and slip them on under your desk.

Hope you ate a yummy corporate lunch with your coworkers!

I've missed your calls.

the thorntons said...

I hope your first day back to work is going well! I know that feeling...being a productive adult is NO fun!!

Kevin and Christie said...

Tiffani - It was good to see you a few weeks ago. I hope that your work day goes well tomorrow! I am so glad you are feeling better.

Shannon said...

How's it going back at work? Thinking of you.

Nat Pat said...

hope you're surviving ok back in the real world. :)