Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How I Love Thee...


Dear Stairs,

Oh how I love thee, let me count the ways. You are so kind to help support me when I fall. When Tim came home on Monday & I got too eager & ran down the stairs & slipped...you were so sweet to cushion my fall with your pointy edges covered with carpet. Tim couldn't believe his eyes when he saw me completely horizontal, but he was so comforted to know that you were there.

It reminds me of a time when Ava & I were sitting on the bottom step and Sunni slipped down a few steps. She ended up about an inch away from us...I know it was you that stopped her from knocking us over. You have such a wonderful heart.

Thank you for the memories, the tears, the laughter, the soreness, the whip lash & the bruise on my tailbone.

How I Love Thee.

11 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Those steps have a good heart. I just wish there wasn't always a baby gate to create obstables.

Amanda said...

Hmmm. Sunni neglected to include her little episode in highlights from her Houston trip. I'm glad you were okay, Tiffani! I once stepped a heel into the cuff of my pants in our old house and fell right down the stairs. Gotta love that.

Meredith said...

Hey Tiffani! I've been keeping up with your blog and am so glad to hear that you're doing well. You've been in my prayers! You look great and your posts are always so funny! There was one that could have come directly out of our household - a conversation about football with your husband- sounds like our conversations when football season starts! :)

Meredith said...

oops - not sure if you know my married name - Meredith (Baker) Northcutt (Taylor's friend) :)

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh no!! That's awful. I'm glad you can see the humor in it. Y'all are so funny!

BigMomma said...

Hilarious! And boy did I need a good laugh. Glad your okay

Sarah Beth said...

Sorry but the only thing missing from those stairs is the automatic luggage elevator!!! Those were the days!!

Shauna said...

ouch.

elizabeth said...

So you'll be glad to know that you can get to my apartment without any stairs (rare in Boston). OK, now I'm obsessed with y'all coming up here!!

Shannon said...

You are hysterical. I'm glad you love the stairs for who they are.

the thorntons said...

I'm glad I'm not the only clumsy one around. I don't have stairs for that very reason. Glad you're okay!