Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'M BA-ACK!!

Woo Hoo!!

Many, many thanks to Sunni & Tim for keeping the blog updated, BUT most importantly thanks to everyone for the prayers & sweet comments. Tim read me all the comments in the hospital & they were all so encouraging. My family & I feel so blessed by all the prayers. There really are no words for how thankful I am for each one of you. I have so much to say, but I am really tired so I am just going to post a few pictures from the last few days.

Wednesday Ava & I spent the morning watching Elmo in Grouchland on the couch while we ate our breakfast. Ava has definitely been the best medicine for me. She always makes me laugh & she loves to move my robe to look at my incision with a smile on her face. I'll be so sad when she leaves...the simple words 'Aunt T-T' have never been so healing!


After couching it for awhile we all went to Target for my outing. I'm supposed to walk around to make my lungs work so what better place to do that than Target! My Dad strolled Ava in a cart & Sunni strolled me around in a wheelchair. I protested that one, but everyone including Ava said NO! It was fine until Sunni left me in the medicine aisle. She had to get something from another aisle. It was really great...people would pass and look at me. I wanted to say 'Yes, I don't have any makeup on & my hair is not done & I am carrying around a pillow & I am sitting in a wheelchair & I am in the medicine aisle...all ALONE, but I promise my sister is right around the corner!' Sunni redeemed herself by taking me to the clothes section so I could get some new stuff to lounge around the house. Later that night my Dad made chicken & dumplings & apple pie...yummy!!

Today we went to Memorial City Mall for our outing. I was going to post all about it, but my lovely sister stole my post while I was taking a cat nap! You can read all about it here.


I'm so happy to be home. I'm still moving slow & I get tired very easily, but I think being able to go see Santa a week after heart surgery is pretty impressive! Thank you Lord!!

22 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

#1 I didn't leave you in the medicine aisle at Target all alone. I REACHED around the corner to find you a good razor for your super-hairy legs.

#2 I didn't STEAL your post. Anything is fair game. You know that. Sorry, sucker! You snooze, you lose.

BigMomma said...

Love the Santa picture. I'm so glad your getting better Tiffani. Its so much fun to watch God work in the lives of those so deserving. Enjoy your Ava time. We need to get you guys one of those internet cameras for each of your computers so she can give you an Aunt T-T each day!

LA said...

You look AWESOME! I wish I could look as pulled together and cute as you do even after a major surgery. :) We miss you around the office. Yesterday was full of "special" moments. If you want some laughs, check your email.

Hugs from Boston said...

You are my hero!! What a remarkable God we have!! You look wonderful, and have a great spirit. Love you to pieces!!

Julie said...

You and Ava look so cute together! I'm so glad you are doing so well!

Where is the professional picture with you crying in Santa's lap?

Kelly said...

Glad you are getting out and to Target - that has to make you feel better - especially if you got new lounge clothes! :-)

the thorntons said...

I think the combo of a cute niece like Ava, an outing to Target, and seeing Santa Claus has to be the best medicine! I'm so glad you're feeling up to doing all of that. God really answers prayers!

Mindy said...

Great Santa pic!
And yes, it is amazing and a great gift from God that you can go see Santa a week after heart surgery.
I am blessed by you more than you know!
In HIM -
Mindy

Janelle and Ella said...

I am totally, completely impressed by you! I can not imagine the healing process of this, but you are definitely making it look easy. :-) I'm so glad you are getting to have some outings. No better place than Target.
And Sunni, give your sister a slack okay? Hehehehe! Love y'all!

Allyson said...

I love the santa pic! It makes me want to go to Memorial City mall and see Santa, but I don't have a kid to take...maybe I can "borrow" the little girl that lives next door...

Cindy said...

Tiffani,
We are so glad to hear how great you are doing! God is so good and we have a mountain of people praying for you.

Heather said...

There are few better places to stroll than target ... especially if it is a super target! So glad you are doing so well. You are a testimony of God's answer to prayer!

Hillary said...

I'm so glad you're back home and enjoying some fun outtings! I can't think of anything better than Target and the mall for some exercise and fresh air!

Mrs. Joyce said...

Aunt T-T. It's so good to see that the silliest sisters in TX are still having fun. And Ava is learning to be silly with you! Fabulous. The sisters we raised are the four silliest in all the USA and they are teaching Ruby and Emme all the silly tricks too. If you're home December 22, come up the street and have a reunion of silly girls. Still giving thanks for your miraculous recovery.

annalee said...

beautiful girl! you look great! i can picture every store in memorial city mall (it was one of my hangouts this summer) and i am so glad you are getting out and have such good company keeping you smiling. ava's face in the picture of you on the couch sums it all up, i can totally see why she is the best medicine!

Fran said...

I'm gonna say something that I hope doesn't seem corny, and i'm old or anything....

But, man, the human body is just amazing! I can't believe you are out doing all the things you are.
HOLY COW!

The 2008 Wonder Woman has arrived!
I'm glad you are doing so well. It truly was an honor to pray for you.
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home and feeling better!

Three Fold Cord said...

Praise the lord. We are rejoicing with you over the Lord's helaing hands through the whole thing.
We will keep up the recovery prayers though-especially when you just want to get out of the house and you can't drive yet!!

Shauna said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling good. God is amazing!

TC said...

Tiffani, I apologize for not even knowing you were having surgery until I asked someone why you were taking time off! I guess I was a little busy! I can't believe the remarkable progress you made and I have made many prayers for your full recovery. You seemed to be full of so many loved ones which must make you feel so blessed and loved. We are all thinking of you at work and I know you are in everyone's prayers. I hope Julie and LA's cookies didn't make you sick! ha ha! I did try one of Julie's cookies and it was really good! And I must say you look really really good! Please email us all when you feel up to it. We are all thinking of you. Have a wonderful holidays.

Teresa

PS - If you are really bored you can check out my blog since I know routinely post on it since you all set it up for me! : ))

Mrs. Joyce said...

Praying that your recovery is perfectly wonderful and the reason you are not blogging is that you are too busy doing other fun things. Thank you for the great photos on your Christmas card.

Did I miss something? Is Emili married?

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

So glad to hear you are healing well! Love the Target story, by the way!!

(Oh, and do you like your banner? I am the one that Sunni had make it for you!)

=)