Tuesday, December 11, 2007

And the Crickets are Chirping

My Dad, Sunni & Ava all left Houston on Saturday afternoon. (Of course, not before we stuffed our faces at Los Tios...three words...Golden Beef Taco! ) It was a sad, sad day.


Don't get me wrong, it is great to be back to just Tim & Tiffani, but I knew I was going to miss each of them tremendously...they are the best! They were so sweet to give up so much of their time to take care of me & entertain me. I now have a freezer full of delicious meals & Ava left behind some of her fabulous kid snacks too!

I definitely heard the CRICKETS CHIRPING on Monday. Tim had heart patient proofed everything for me...unscrewed bottle caps on water & juice, placed items on lower shelves, dressed me & set up the couch for me. I was ready for my day alone.
I ended up spending most of my time sitting on the couch, catching up on all the shows I missed, shopping for Christmas presents online & dreaming about all the places I would take myself if I could drive! It was a LONG day, but I managed to survive & get some well needed rest. Besides, I knew that Tim was taking today off so I only had to get through Monday before I had someone to talk to!
Today we had to go to the doctor's office for a little finger prick & then we were off to the hair salon for my long awaited haircut! Ahhh...freshly trimmed hair feels so great! We ended up going to lunch & then I proceeded to take a hard core nap at home. I was exhausted! The afternoon got even better when Tim took me to see a movie. I decided we should go see a boy movie since he has been so great to me so we were off to see No Country for Old Men (it was very suspenseful...I kind of wanted to hide under my seat a few times). All in all, it was a great day filled with fun outings & the best company! I guess it is back to the CRICKETS tomorrow!
P.S. I am feeling great! I am still very sore & I don't have full range of motion in my arms yet, but I am working it out. I try to get some sort of lung exercise even if it is just walking around the house, but I still get pretty tired & need to rest. I can't wait to take the new valve out for a spin in several weeks! Thanks again for all the recovery prayers!

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Tiffani - I'm glad you are doing so good and that you have a sweet husband to take care of you!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I really wish I could delete that sick picture of me at the airport. I should have known, looking like that, that I would have travel woes.

We miss you. Today, there were crickets churping at our house too. We did laundry and didn't leave the house until dinner.

annalee said...

i'm glad you are feeling okay. i can't imagine the sad goodbyes, but thank God tim is right there all the time. you are loved!

Julie said...

IM = no crickets :) I can keep you entertained for hours that way!

Janelle and Ella said...

Tiffani, you look great!! I'm so glad that Tim got to have the day off yesterday and you were able to go see a MOVIE!!! I hope your days aren't filled with much more chirping.

lanissa said...

Tiffani, you look and sound great!! We got your Christmas card yesterday. Blake secretly wants to dress Champ up like Stewart! I may have to work on this for our Christmas party tonight. Enjoy watching tv! We love you!

Hillary said...

What a great hubby you have!! I'm glad you're doing so well!

BigMomma said...

So glad your doing well. I LOVE having my hair done.
I was trying to look on the bright side of a quite lonely afternoon..... I think I would resort to watching my favorite Christmas movies.... Love White Christmas ~
You could also catch National Treasure ~ the sequel comes out in a few weeks and I love that!

Do you crochet? I have some really cute ideas for cheap stuff you could make Ava that I know Sunni would love...

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Oh, to be babied....

Glad you are doing well..Love that you got your exercise at Target. Retail therapy is the best of all :)

Lisa

Fran said...

I am so thrilled that you are doing so well!! I tell ya...who knew?!

You are blessed with an amazing family and Y'all make me smile every time I read about your time together.

Speedy recovery~
Fran

elizabeth said...

I'm glad to see that you're getting caught up on the blogging world. Thanks for the comments! And I'm even more glad to see that you were doing well enough to have a day by yourself (even though you didn't want it). And yes, we are definitely on for the Bueno reunion. I will call you to discuss! Now I have to dream about Bueno for another 2 weeks...

the thorntons said...

I guess you got the best of both worlds...a house full of family, and now peace and quiet. You're looking great! I'm amazed at your progress. Enjoy the down time!

Fabulous K said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling well!