Sunday, December 2, 2007

If You're Not With Us, You're Against Us

That's what we keep saying to each other if one of us cringes at the amount of junk food another one of us is eating during Tiffani's hospital stay. Jason & Emili got a 10-piece chicken McNugget pack this MORNING at the hospital McDonald's during their coffee run, and that's the motto they started when I made fun of them. Then I stated the motto to them when they mocked me for eating a bag of Cheetos mid-morning, & ordering spicy waffle fries in the cafeteria for a community appetizer for lunch. We said it again when I questioned everyone's judgement about their pie for dessert after our turkey & cornbread stuffing around 2:00 pm today.

In other news...Tiffani is doing well! She's in her cheerful red bathrobe, and is doing her breathing exercises often & doing them well! The nurse said her lungs are looking a lot better. This morning, she did a breathing exercise to Mercy Me's "Little Drummer Boy." Best one yet!

She still hasn't gotten her chest tubes out...her doctor hasn't come by today, and no one can find him to have him check her & give the OK for them to come out. He's been paged several times, but he's unavailable. So we're assuming she'll keep them for another day. Tonight we have BIG PLANS to somehow rig the shower chair, and wash her hair.

We have lots of pictures to post, but the hospital's network is giving us trouble. We'll keep trying to get them posted!

Going to grab a bag of M&Ms,
Sunni

18 comments:

Kyle said...

Tiffani you looked so good! Keep it up. Love you and see you soon. If you get bored over Christmas, I can come over when Tim is back at work.

Love,
Amanda

Fran said...

That is fantastic news...junk food and all...still praying. Thanks for the updates. You guys pop in my mind so many times and a prayer is always lifted.

Get well soon Tiffani! But, I don't know if you could move at a faster pace....it sounds like you are doing amazing!

Lots of hugs from TN~
Fran

sara lindsey said...

a little comfort food (or a lot) is fabulous for warming the soul (and the mending heart), in my medical opinion! tiff, keep up the GREAT work; you'll be home before you know it! we're proud & we're praying--love you, russ & sara

Kelly said...

I'm pretty sure calories don't count in the hospital!
Nothing will make you feel better than clean hair!

annalee said...

i'll never hear "little drummer boy" the same way again! way to go tiff!
i just drank my 2nd cup of hot cocoa for the day in honor of being "with y'all" in spirit on indulgences. good work.

A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

Those hospital doctors have always cracked me up! As a patient, you are so dependent on having them stop by and often don't know when they will. What a blessing that Tiffani has an army of advocates speaking up/out for her. That is great!

On the food army front...I am with you...not against you. :-)

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Tiffani- you look incredible. I 'm praying that you continue to soar through recovery.

And because I want to prove that I am with you guys (and not against you), I've made the sacrifice of eating 4 chocolate chip cookies while reading this post. All in the name of sending some bloggity love!

Janelle and Ella said...

Y'all are seriously such a sweet and fun family! I'm so glad to hear Tiffani is doing so WELL!!

boomama said...

Praying for y'all!

lanissa said...

Tiffani, I love your family...they are great entertainment (even through a blog) and the love that you all have for one another is incredibly apparent.

On that note, I want to thank Sunni for the blue bracelet. It has been a wonderful reminder many times each day to stop and lift a quick prayer for Tiffani and the entire family!

Sounds like those prayers are working!

Holly said...

Oh, there's nothing like a shower after surgery! I hope it refreshes completely...and brings a wonderful shine and bounce to your hair :)

Praying for you all.
Love in Him,
Holly

Mrs. Joyce said...

I bless you with doctors, and other medical personnel, who pay attention to your needs, and I bless you with favor in their eyes and in God's eyes. May you also be blessed with excellent internet connects that do not fail. Let the excellent reports continue!
Loving and blessing you all,
Monte and Joyce

Allyson said...

I'm so happy to hear of your progress Tiffani! I am continuing to pray for your speedy recovery!

Heather said...

Glad to hear the good news! Thanks for the updates. We are still praying for everyone!

Julie said...

Yeah, that's the kind of eating i like to hear about! :) I'm so glad Tiffani is recovering so well! That is so great!!!

Unknown said...

That is awesome that you are reaching such amazing mile stones and at a faster pace!

AND eat your way through the stay family! It is a rite of passage in the hospital world! When my husband was in the hospital with cancer we were all definitely "with" each other in the delightful treats area!

elizabeth said...

There is never anything wrong with eating junk food. I'm always with you on that. Hopefully Tiff can enjoy some Bueno soon...that would be a great milestone! :)

Hillary said...

Junk food is wonderful medicine!! I wouldn't give it a second thought! I'm so glad things are going so well! What great news!