Tuesday, October 23, 2007

ICE MEN

Last week Tim got some free tickets to the Aeros vs. Rockford hockey game. The Aeros are basically the Houston minor league team for the Minnesota Wild NHL team...I think!

Anyway, the tickets were FRONT ROW!! Even though the stadium wasn't near full & we probably could have moved to the front row without the tickets, we still thought we were pretty cool.


I have never been to a hockey game so I was shocked when they were so violent, but on the other hand I LOVED when they hit the glass right in front of me! It was just so crazy to watch. A fight even broke out on the ice (like helmets & fists flying) & none of the coaches got mad. One of the guys got thrown out of the game, but it was like nothing happened...just a little tiff. Hmm, I guess it is just the game of hockey?!?


It was lots of fun & I decided I could become an Aeros fan, but I couldn't help think of one of my favorite movies...The Cutting Edge.



I drifted off & thought about how I could pick one of these rowdy guys & train them to become an Olympic ice skater. Ahhh, then I could look back one day & say I knew them when. I guess I better dust off my ice skates and get started. I think Adrian Foster is just the guy...

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you for reminding me of one of the best movies of all time. Toe pick!

Sarah Beth said...

No Comment...you are out of my top reads for this one!

the thorntons said...

Are you telling me you never attended an Abilene Aviators game at the Taylor County Expo Center?!? A group of us in college sang the national anthem at one of their games, and they took us through the locker room. All the players were just sitting around in their underwear like it was no big deal, while I was trying to play it cool but was DYING inside! I think hockey players are a different breed!!

Kelly said...

Glad you updated - I was missing your posts!
I've never been to a hockey game either - I bet it was fun!Did they get in any fights?

elizabeth said...

In any other sport the players would get suspended and fined for fighting. In hockey it's expected! I'm working at some of the Bruins (Boston's hockey team) games this season. Maybe I'll become a hockey fan too??

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Toe Pick...exactly, Amanda.

Hugs from Boston said...

topaz115Oh Tiffani, just a typical day for those hockey players. Come to Boston and watch a game, a bit scary. I never let Chris even take a skating lesson in fear that he would want to play. But he was always a complainer as a child, and actually told me he had weak ankles. So I guess it wasn't really a big deal to worry about him wanting to play.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love "The Cutting Edge"!!! I was wondering what happened to you!! Don't know if I could handle blood-shed up close and personal!! Glad you guys had fun!