Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Windy Weekend

Last Thursday with book in hand & i-pod in purse, I boarded a plane to Chicago! Our whole family met in Chicago for a surprise birthday party for my Auntie Lizzy (basically my grandmother). She will be 90 years old in December!!


Don't be fooled by her age…she is still movin' about. She still drives, grocery shops, attends church several times a week & frequents Burger King with her lady friends for some coffee. I love every moment I get to spend with her. I really only see her in the summer & at Christmas time when she visits Texas. It was a treat to see her in the fall & be in Joliet, which is a little outside of Chicago.

My Auntie Lizzy had no idea Sunni & I were coming on Thursday so it was fabulous to see her surprised face when we walked in her house. Emili, Tim & our California cousins/uncles came on Friday night - again all a surprise. Everyone stayed at my Auntie Lizzy's - it was so much fun to be with everyone!


Now, I know my big sis had her camera out every second so I have a feeling she will have a great post about our time in Chicago. I've decided to wave my white flag & surrender…I can't compete with her, but I thought I'd share SEVERAL pictures...


Ava energized by the crisp wind!


Ava at the Pumpkin Patch

Aunt T-T forcing Ava to take a picture!

All the cousins decorating for the party.

The finished product.

Treating ourselves to the famous Merichka's Poorboy Sandwich. My dad worked here in high school...sweet!


Emili & Ashley eager about Merichka's


Onion rings, poorboy & Merichka's house dressing...what more could you want?


SURPRISE!!

Ava & Aunt T-T @ White Fence Farm

Dad, Auntie Lizzy, Aunt Kathy, Uncle Ron & Uncle Don

The 3 Sisters

Me, Emili, Jessica, Ashley, Melissa & Sunni

Melissa & Amare

They adopted him about 4 or 5 months ago from Ethiopia...he is ADORABLE!

The famous & yummy White Fence Farm Chicken

Tim & I had to leave early on Sunday morning because we had tickets to the Texans vs. Titans game. I bought him the tickets for his birthday in June because we are both in love with Vince Young. It was so sad to leave everyone in Joliet...I think I cried several times on the way to the airport & in Houston. Tim & I had such a wonderful time visiting, laughing & listening to the stories that Auntie Lizzy told. I definitely left my heart in Joliet...guess I better go back soon to get it! We love you Auntie Lizzy!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

A couple of comments:
1. That trips sounded so fun
2. Your neice's little coat is ADORABLE!
3. I tried on that dress at Old Navy today at lunch in cream. It looks a lot cuter on you than it did on me. I'm still deciding if I need it.
4. Did you have fun at the football game???
5. This post made me hungry!

Amanda said...

Y'all have such a fun family! I wish I had girl cousins close to my age. One is 10 years older and the other is 21 years younger. I'm glad y'all had a great time!

the thorntons said...

How great that your sweet Aunt is 90 years old and still so active! I know that had to be such a fun trip. All of the pics are precious. I, too, have a crush on Vince Young so I can understand the dilemma of getting back for the game on Sunday. :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Sorry, sucker! You are wrong. You have the cuter party pics. I will be posting more later though.

elizabeth said...

I can always count on you to post pictures and descriptions of the food. Looks like you guys had fun!!

Do you have any family in Boston that you need to come visit? Just checking...

annalee said...

i am so happy for y'all that you got to be together and with auntie lizzy! such a wonderful trip and wonderful family you have!