Monday, July 2, 2007

Good Eats

I have been tagged by Annalee to share my Top 5 places to eat. How did she know I LOVE food?!?

There is no better place to live than Houston when we are talking food - so get ready to drool...

1. Lupe Tortilla
Where to begin - the beef fajitas! I am in love with them. I normally get chicken fajitas everywhere else, but NOT here. Basically, Tim & I open the menu, close the menu & look at each other & say - Beef Fajitas? Like we even need to ask each other (although, sometimes I get crazy & order the beef fajita salad). They are out of this world. The beef is tender, yet crispy - I can't even describe how melt in your mouth it is. We have had MANY conversations about what we think the secret recipe is & so far we have only come up with lime and garlic with some kind of pepper, otherwise known as marinade from the heavens. If you ever dine at Lupe Tortilla, please order the beef fajitas...you will not be sorry!

2. Buffalo Grille
If you are a fan of breakfast food then meet your new best friend! This is a Saturday or Sunday favorite of mine. Sunday they only serve food from the breakfast menu...don't let the line scare you away because it goes fast. I don't really have a favorite because everything is SO delicious, but I love their HUGE pancakes, yummy biscuits, filling huevos con papas & tasty cinnamon coffee! Tim usually gets the special called Chiliqueles. I have no idea what is in it, but after he has licked his plate I hear the words 'food coma' coming out of his mouth! They also have Mac & Cheese that is Out of This World! This place is definitely YUMMY!

3. Mai's
This is a fabulous Vietnamese restaurant. SO good - I used to go at least once a week when I worked at PwC! My favorite entree is a #44 or Bun Ga Nuong Cha Gio. This is a bowl with vermicelli, charcoal broiled chicken, veggies and a Vietnamese egg roll cut up. If I am trying to be healthy I get the #35 - same thing, no egg roll! Don't forget to order spring rolls for an appetizer - so refreshing!

4. Hungry's
I heart Hungry's. Positive Eating = Positive Living. That is their motto & everything about this place is positive. I think Tim & I keep their delivery service in business. I ALWAYS get the Chicken Salad Plate - yummy chicken salad, fruit & pita bread on the side. So fresh & so lite!! Sometimes I pretend like I am going to get something different just to amuse Tim...I usually look at the menu for about 5 minutes & then say - um, just get me my usual! I'm all about trying new things, but not when it comes to my Positive Chicken Salad Plate!!

5. Christian's Tailgate Grill & Bar
One word comes to mind...BURGER! This place has the juiciest burgers I have ever sunk my teeth into. I dream about this place - ok, not really, but it could happen! Every bite is so delightful & to top if off you get a side of fries. The last two times I have been there I had to get a salad with chicken because I was trying to watch my weight (wedding dress), but I think it is time to partake in the goodness! See you there!

*Bonus* Azuma
If you love sushi please go try the Crazy Irishman...FAB-U-LOUS!!

That is my take on the Houston food scene...what's yours? Tag you are it, Mrs. Timmerman!

6 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

(walking like a zombie in a chant voice...) Must get to Lupe's. Must get to Lupe's. Must eat beef fajitas. Must eat beef fajitas.

Mario and Andrea Rodriguez said...

Welcome to blog world Tiff! I'll add you to my friends as well (now that I know you exist!) and AMEN on #1 and #2, however I have yet to try your 3,4,5.

the thorntons said...

Hi Tiffani!!
It's Sarah (Jones) Thornton. I haven't seen you in ages, but I've kept up with you a little via Sunni's blog. Where would we all be without this crazy world of blogging?! It's so much fun to catch up with people. My husband and I live in Sugar Land right now--so close to you! But we're moving at the end of the month. It'd be fun to catch up sometime though! By the way, I'm 100% with you on Lupe Tortilla's beef fajitas. We have a Lupe's that is DANGEROUSLY close to our house!

annalee said...

i'm dying to try hungry's now! could it be a possible choice for our friday luncheon? (do you like how i called it a luncheon like we are over 40's housewives planning an important lunch?!haha) i've gotta try out this menu. it sounds too good!

Sarah Beth said...

Joe is salivating right now thinking of the sushi! And I am salivating right now thinking of the macaroni and cheese which I see you did not highlight at Buffalo Grills!!!

Kyle said...

Tiffani I loved all your choices. Hungry's may be my favorite new place now since we went there on Friday. Nothing beats the beef fajitas at Lupe'sor the sushi at Azuma. I'm not even hungry and that all sounds great! Had a good time this morning at church with you guys. We'll have to go back again.