Monday, July 16, 2007

Deep in the HEART of Texas!

This weekend Tim & I drove to Dallas for a Texas Size Goodbye to one of my oldest friends, Liz! When I say oldest - I mean oldest. Let me tell you a little story...
Once upon a time there was a Panian Family & a Curtis Family. Each family had 3 sisters. Sunni & Christine were the same age. Tiffani & Amanda were the same age. Emili & Liz were the same age. The story goes...they knew each other when they were in their mothers' bellies!

Liz, Emili, Me & Amanda

Liz just accepted an amazing job in Chicago & it is time to say goodbye to our 80's Texas Girl. I don't think it really hit me that she is leaving Texas until this weekend. How can I go that long without seeing Liz, but more importantly how can she go that long without Texas chips & salsa?
Her family threw her a Truly Texas goodbye party at a place called Ozona. It was fabulous - chips, queso & a cake from McKay's Bakery in Abilene...what more could a girl want?

Liz, Jason, Natalie, Me, Amanda & Emili


I am going to miss Liz so much, but I know she will be so successful at her new job & her new life in the Windy City! Tim & I will have to go visit on the DOUBLE!


Here are a few of my favorite memories with Liz:

  1. Playing hours & hours & hours of Barbies with Liz, Emili & Amanda.
  2. Trying to switch best friends with Liz when Amanda was getting on my nerves (Emili & Amanda would do the same so don't think I was being mean!)
  3. Performing 'Angelettes' at Christmas time on the Panian sidewalk. Angelettes was a wonderful Christmas show we would put on for each other...yes, we were kind of weird!
  4. Making beauty pageants up until Amanda got married - don't judge, they are really funny!
  5. Playing babies - our 'husbands' were always on a business trip.
  6. Tea parties.
  7. Creating PCU (that's Panian Curtis University)...we did make a year book, grade book & class schedule. Our mascot was a lightning bolt & our motto went a little something like this 'We Strike Tests'...I can't remember the exact wording, but that gives you a feel for the 'cool' university life we created!
  8. Eating flautas & burning our tongues on the hot apple filling.
  9. Fishing for minnows at Buffalo Gap State Park.
  10. Calling the big bed when we spent the night at our house.
  11. Laughing & laughing & laughing.
Liz & Me










Me & J / Me Elizabeth & Brooke

Emili eating a cheesy quesadilla



The Harringtons

I love you Liz & I will miss you!

Good Luck in Chicago & always stay 80's!

6 comments:

annalee said...

oh man, what a perfect tribute to lizzy.
you did a good job summing up in words how awesome she is!
i could almost hear her irresistible laugh when i was reading the part about laughing, laughing, laughing.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Lizzy...we love you and we'll miss you..but we'll visit you! You know the Panian mafia is from up in Chicago. I'm sure Guido will make sure they take care of you.

Unknown said...

Tiffani thank you so much for your tribute on your blog!! I loved the party and I am so happy you and Tim could come. It would have not been the same without you!:) Who knows...maybe I will start a blog about my new life as a City Girl in Chicago!! Visit anytime...I love you!

Nat Pat said...

hey tiff-
we will be praying for you. love you-
nat

Shannon Family said...

Tiff,
I will be praying for you. I read your sister's blog. I am so sorry about everything that is going on.
Heather Parkey Shannon
http://shannonfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Hey Tiffani - I've been saying prayers for you. Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog about Jackson's early Christmas "present". Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Melissa