Saturday, July 7, 2007

Firecracker, Firecracker...

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!

I love the 4th of July, but since it was in the middle of the week this year - it just wasn't the same as usual. For the past 4 years I have celebrated the 4th at my dad's lake house in Blackwell, TX (I prefer to call it the prairie house since the lake has been really low), but this year our family took a break. I really missed all the festivities - eating my dad's yummy apple pie/homemade ice-cream, playing games, watching the 'Daddy Warbuck's Firework Show' & laughing at Sarah Beth's sparkler dance rendition of You're a Grand Old Flag. Oh, I almost forgot - I also missed the chihuahua that SB babysits during the 4th - Coco (aka - Coco Chanel Mademoiselle)...she is my favorite 4th treat!


July 4, 2007 brought lots of rain to Houston so we really didn't have the option to go swimming or play outside with the dogs so Tim & I thought we would be very grown up & get our house in order. We decided to tackle our closet & clean out all the clothes we don't wear. Of course, we thought we would be finished in a few hours, but yeah right! It always takes longer than you think & once you start you can't stop - don't worry, I asked! Tim said if we didn't finish then we wouldn't be able to sleep in our bed that night. We had clothes, shoes, gadgets, etc all over the bed & floor! It was Lucy's toy heaven!

(This was at the beginning...it got worse!)

I did get some entertainment from Tim when I caught him shadow boxing in the mirror - apparently he wanted to relive some high school memories...











By the time we finished the closet it was around 6:30...we decided it was time to take a shower & put on our 4th of July colors for dinner. We grilled out BBQ chicken & corn, ranch style beans, cornbread & strawberry shortcake! While we were eating, the fireworks started on television - they were beautiful, but we were so lame to watch them from home!

Anyway, it was a great day - but I definitely missed the hot 4th fun in Blackwell...SB you better be brushing up on your sparkler soft shoe for next year!

Tim, Stewart, Lucy & I would like to salute all the troops serving our country & give a special shout out to Wyatt - we love you & you are always in our thoughts and prayers!!


Happy belated 4th of July!!

4 comments:

Nat Pat said...

We watched the fireworks on TV too! Oh well. And it was kind of lame that the 4th was on a Wednesday. Oh well. At least yours sounded productive!

Sarah Beth said...

I'm already brushing up my routine for next year...I'm thinking "When Johnny comes marching home Again" in honor of Wyatt's return home!!!

annalee said...

those shadow boxing pictures cannot be topped! your husband has some nice moves. berkeley misses her new friends and wants to schedule the next playdate soon. i second that.

Natalie said...

I love your blog! :) I cleaned out closets today too-good times!