Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Paper Anniversary

It's sad, but true...I am no longer a NEWLYWED. It's so unfair, BUT Tim & I had a wonderful time celebrating!


On our wedding night, the Country Club forgot to put the basket of food & cake in our limo before we left the reception. Tim & I were starving later that night & we had no car to stop off at the nearest fast food restaurant, the hotel wasn't serving food & we didn't want to call a family member to help us out. So my lovely husband called Papa John's. Unfortunately, they were closed & would not accept his bribe of $50 to deliver a pizza. Thankfully, Domino's was still baking! We enjoyed a fabulous cheese pizza together - it was delightful!


Tim & I debated for several weeks on what we should do for our first anniversary. We thought we would go out for a nice romantic dinner, but as time passed we decided we could save the money we would spend on dinner & use it for a couples massage in Jamaica...just like in St. Lucia! Tim jokingly said, "Why don't we get Domino's just like our wedding night?" At first we laughed & then you could hear the wheels turning in our head. We remembered how delicious the pizza was & that sealed the deal for our paper anniversary! We had such a great time & I know I'll love the pizza even more when I am enjoying my massage on the island of Jamaica!




(Our cake was still pretty good!)


Don't think this is going to work every year Tim...I love you!

14 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Drool just dribbled down my chin looking at that pizza. Is Dominoes still open right now????
Happy 1 year! Oh your cake was so beautiful!!

Mrs. Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary! More pics of the original day, please. I missed it since I was at Kathleen's graduation.

Kelly said...

How sweet!!!
We ate at Sonic on our wedding night. SO fancy and romantic! :-) I think it's things like that that make fun memories!
I loved your wedding cake - so pretty and elegant!

Anonymous said...

We went to Jamaica on our honeymoon and had a blast!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! I'd would 100% forego an expensive dinner for a massage!!!

Jeremy and Melissa said...

Happy anniversary! I think it was a great idea to save the money for a massage for your trip. We've learned (and are still learning) that it doesn't matter what you do for special occasions - as long as you celebrate them in your own special way! :)

annalee said...

good work harringtons. your anniversary dinner was almost as fancy as your last name!

Nat Pat said...

yay for you guys! that pizza looks great!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Next year, a steak dinner. But this year...pizza was perfect!

BigMomma said...

Precious. Tiff, it WILL work every year. Its the small things and the sentimental ones that make it last forever and ever.

sara lindsey said...

hope you're basking in the sun right now, as giddy as you were this time last year! there's much joy & much laughter yet to come!

the thorntons said...

Ryan and I eat Dairy Queen every year for our anniversary because we were SO hungry after our wedding that we had to stop at the DQ in Clyde on our way to Dallas. It's not the most romantic, but it's a memory. Happy Anniversary!!

Shannon said...

I think you get to be newlyweds for a while yet. I mean, it's not an "official" ruling or anything, but I'm willing to count it. Morgan and I still feel like newlyweds.

The wedding pictures are gorgeous. I would love to see them all some time.

xoxo

Bicky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bicky said...

happy anniversary! I love your domino's honeymoon story... and it's great that you repeated it! We had a leftover (from the reception) ham and cheese tray for dinner after our wedding. someone needs to remind brides and grooms to eat supper! haha!