Friday, April 11, 2008

Wire Bundles

Dearest American Airlines,


Do the words turkey hunting mean anything to you? Didn't think so. Because of you that's what I will be doing this weekend. I know it will be loads of fun because I will be with Tim & we will get to celebrate Luke's birthday with him, but that was not what I had planned for the weekend.

Do the words Boston, Flight 1972 or Flight 154 mean anything to you? They should. I am SUPPOSED to be touring the streets of Boston right now with Sarah Beth & Elizabeth. Elizabeth moved to Boston last year & we were going to visit for a fun girly weekend. No turkeys allowed!




Thanks to you and your bundles of wire that must be checked, our flights were cancelled. Yes, I know my safety should come first, but could you have not checked it when you were supposed to? So instead of preparing for my Big Boston Tea Party I must go pack for turkey hunting. Do you even know what I should pack for turkey hunting? If so, could you get someone from AA to send me any info on the subject? Seeing as how I have never been hunting & don't own one shred of camo, any insight would be helpful. Ok, I am off to raid my closet for appropriate hunting gear instead of giggling with my girls on the streets of Boston.



Boston is Just a Dream,
Tiffani

16 comments:

annalee said...

that is a sad, sad tale. so sorry boston is out, but i have a feeling you can make even turkey hunting look glamorous!

sara lindsey said...

boo! sad that boston didn't work out. (and, bull, that the airlines can just do that.) hope you'll get to see rat & sb sometime soon!

can't wait to see your turkey pics! please wear LOTS of camo...

Amanda said...

That really stinks. I hope you and Tim end up having a lot of fun.

Bicky said...

awww, what a disappointment! It is unfair that an airline can just cancel a flight and change everyone's lives around like that. what are wire bundles anyway? so sorry! but i know you'll have fun hunting, in spite of missing out on boston!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness. I've been sending sympathetic thoughts to all the poor saps stranded by all of the airlines lately. I can't believe that you are one of those poor peeps!

I hate to hear that about the weekend. I hope you got the biggest, er, most delicious, um, handsomest turkey?

Kelly said...

Sorry you couldn't go to Boston. BOO! I'm so sorry.
I want to hear about the turkey hunting! :-)

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh darn! I'm so sorry!!! I hope your turkey hunting weekend wasn't too bad and you can reschedule your trip real soon!

Hugs from Boston said...

What? What? Did I hear Boston and not even know? Would love to see you for even a few minutes. You and girls could come by for a snack.

elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elizabeth said...

I'm still so mad that all the flights were cancelled! In protest I slept all weekend and didn't do anything fun without you guys. Well, maybe I was recovering from work. But our Boston Tea Party will be bigger and better in the summer! :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I hope you did some good turkey hunting and perfected your turkey call.

Sara S. said...

Why would you think that turkey hunting is any less fun than traveling to Boston? Just kidding :) I read this and felt very bad for you. This was all over the news this weekend, and it made me think of you. I'll bet turkey hunting will at least produce some funny stories that you can post about!

Sarah Beth said...

(sharp shooter voice)
A sharp shooter like you needs some snake boots!
We'll get our Boston trip!! Do you like sugar in your tea?

Mrs. Joyce said...

Sorry about your trip. Hope your hunting wasn't too "fowl".
I wished your Mom happy bday yesterday. Still miss her lots.
Love to you.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jodi said...

Hey, Tiffani - found your blog through Sunni. We definitely know about turkey hunting around here - the Mail man is quite the hunter. We should get together sometime - we live in The Woodlands.

Jodi